Friday, January 14, 2011

Turkey! It's what's for dinner.

It was a long day at work...full of treacherous commutes and enough Microsoft Access to make a woman go cross-eyed. So on the way home I suddenly had a huge craving for lettuce wraps. I don't know why! But instead of finding the next PF Changs, I went home and made my own version. Warning: Pictures were taken with my iPhone, so they're not super quality.

First, I sauteed some ground turkey in some olive oil, and added salt, pepper, and garlic. Then I chopped up some zucchini and tomato, and added that to the pan. Stirred that around a bit, and added some soy sauce and some citrus vinaigrette that I got at the Florida's Natural gift shop in Orlando.



Then I put the mixture in some lettuce leaves, and we were good to go! Afterwards I heated up some edamame and ate that as a side dish.



If I did it over, I would not use ground turkey, it lent kind of a weird taste to things. And I wouldn't use romaine lettuce, I'd use Iceberg or Bibb. But all in all it was a yummy, healthy, quick, cheap dish that I'd definitely make again! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment