Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Adventures in Redecorating vol.1

My first inspiration post! Now let me say as a disclaimer that I have NO interior design training or even potential whatsoever. In fact, being an engineer, I rarely even use that side of my brain. I just like things that are pretty.

While browsing through Google Reader today, I came upon an image of a master bedroom that I couldn't stop staring at. Because I just moved to a new apartment, I've got the itch to change the color scheme in my room. I've also had my comforter for almost three years and while I love it, I'm ready for a change. So, here's the bedroom that captivated me this morning:

Image via styleathome


I am absolutely in love L.O.V.E with those pillows. Because I have no idea how to make some similar or find the fabric, and because those pillows probably cost muchos dolares, I scoured the interwebs to find some more in my price range that are similar colors.

Here are a few etsy finds:

I'm leaning towards this first one because I'm really drawn to grapes/purples right now:





These are a little different but I like the color scheme.


And finally, some from Overstock that are pretty similar to the ones in the original pic. They're a bit more expensive though.


Which ones do y'all like?

5 comments:

  1. I like the first one! Go with the purple, you can't go wrong with purple, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also LOVE the thing on the wall above the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you get the pillows yet? I'm anxious to see pictures of the room when you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first two!

    And I agree, you really can't go wrong with purple - I painted my bedroom a lightish purple in high school and still have an affinity towards purple in the bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the first one! 2 18x18s. I am eagerly awaiting their arrival...they're coming all the way from Canada. Btw, love you guys both forever for being the first ones to comment on the blog ;)

    ReplyDelete